Saturday, September 7, 2013

11 Things We Want From the iPhone 5S and 5C - PC Magazine

Colorful iPhones

Apple’s new iPhones are coming on Tuesday morning, and Dan Costa and I will be in Cupertino, Calif. liveblogging the announcement from the company’s headquarters. We expect to see two new models, the faster, high-end 5S and the colorful, plastic-bodied 5C.

Rumors about the new iPhones have been swirling since the day after last year’s iPhone 5 launched. I think some of them are off base: with all due respect to my colleague Jamie Lendino, I think we’re unlikely to see larger iPhone screens or customizable home screens any time soon.

Why not? The main issue here isn’t ergonomics, but app compatibility, I would venture to guess.

Some other rumors being kicked around ahead of Tuesday’s event actually concern a second iPhone shindig being held in Beijing just a few short hours after the big unveiling in Cupertino. It’s pretty well known that Apple has been courting China Mobile, the lone state-run carrier in China which doesn’t sell its phones. The budget-priced iPhone 5C reportedly packs Qualcomm’s RF360 multimode, multiband 4G LTE chipset, which supports China Mobile’s older TD-SCDMA-based network, so don’t be surprised if Apple finally announces a partnership with the world’s largest cell phone carrier.

Now let’s get right down to it. Check out our slideshow for my own list of desires and predictions for the new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C. I’m trying to stay true to Apple’s philosophy; let’s see how many of these Tim Cook can pull off on stage on Tuesday. But enough about me—what do you want to see in the new iPhones? Don’t get greedy, now. Tell me in the comments.

Meanwhile, for the definitive take on which iPhone rumors to consider and which to dismiss outright, Dan Costa and I broke it all down for you in Friday’s episode of PCMag Live:


iphone – Google News

No comments:

Post a Comment